Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Concrete Garage Floor Question

On Aug 23, 9:58*am, Dave wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm in a cold climate - eastern Canada.

The apron (for lack of a better term) of my 30 year-old concrete
garage floor is starting to chip rather badly. You can see the nature
of the chipping he

http://myplace.route2.pe.ca/dave.gal...age/garage.jpg

Any ideas on how best to not only stop the decay, but how it might be
returned to its original condition?

Thanks,

Dave

Do you let a salt laden car thaw there in the winter? That would
explain cause, as to how to stop it, if that is the case cover it,
stop doing that or at least wash the car off before garaging it (I've
lived in cold places and know how impractical that is.) Even hosing
the garage out is a bit impractical as the driveway would then become
sheet ice. As to how to fix it, pouring a new one over it would work,
unless you are unwilling to give up height inside.