Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mark krawczuk[_2_] mark krawczuk[_2_] is offline

Default Can't get enough current for 1W Luexon LED even without resistor

hi, you must have something wrong , i looked on the luxeon website , and
all their star 1 watt leds draw no more than 350 ma

mark

"karotto" wrote in message
Trying to power a 1W Luxeon star LED. It says: Forward Voltage: 3.5V,
Forward Current 650ma. So I tried a 3.6V battery with a minimal
resistor. Very low current. Then I tried without the resistor but
still only about 100ma current. In order to get 650ma to flow through
the LED I have to raise the voltage to about 11V and of course I
already blew the LED. So... how can I get 650ma while only using 3.5V.
Seems like my battery has too much internal resistance. Thanks much
for your help.