Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Please help me identify this material

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 01:17:45 +0100, Bill wrote:

It looks to me like what I used to call "Vulcanised cardboard". I had an
old school case made of something of similar colour and looks, and it's
still in one piece storing some papers in the shed and usable. "n"
years later!

I'm not sure if this is the same sort of stuff

http://www.rhnuttall.co.uk/Materials...sed_Fibre.html

Certainly seems to fit the bill, Bill. I don't think it's based on
phenolic resin as that tends to be brittle and this stuff isn't
brittle.

--
Cheers
Dave.