Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default one for TMH?

Dave wrote:

I visited a service area on the motorway Thursday and Friday and while
drying my hands after washing them after a pee, a thought occured to
me.
Because of the high velocity of the air from the hand driers, could I
get an embolism through a cut on my hands?

Dave

Very unlikely, I should think!

However, whilst on the subject of hand driers . . .

I can never understand why there is such a wide variety in the effectiveness
of these devices. Some have a decent flow of air at the right temperature to
dry your hands quickly but most are *pathetic* - either having hardly any
airflow, or just having a blast of cold air. And that pre-supposes that the
sensor which detects the presence of your hands works without needing to
have your hands in one precise spot - which many don't! Obviously price
comes into it - but many are simply not fit for purpose. Is it really *that*
difficult to design something which actually *works* without costing an arm
and a leg. And do the people who purchase these things on behalf of the
toilet owners never try to *use* one before placing the order?

[In those rare places which provide both driers *and* paper towels, I find
that using a paper towel in the airstream from a drier usually works pretty
well].
--
Cheers,
Roger