Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Car screenwasher fluid

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:36:54 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"Bob Eager" writes:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:10:10 UTC, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 13:28:18 +0100, John wrote:

Using antifreeze stuff in the summer seems a waste.

I buy 5l Holts High Performance Screen Wash concentrate from CostCo
(£3.87(*)) and dilute at 4:1 water:wash which doesn't freeze to below
-6C.

Got the same (well, blue) stuff from CPC this week for £4.14 inclusive.

I got one from CPC a few years ago. Was watching the UPS delivery
progress on the web, when it suddenly changed to "burst package,
returning to sender". I had visions of a UPS van somewhere, with
everyones packages floating in a pool of screen wash concentrate...

An order from Toolstation didn't arrive, 'phoned the next morning: 'damaged
in transit'. I had to laugh, as the only item that could be damaged was a
5li can of white emulsion! White van man - inside job!

Next day the box arrived. Can in heavy plastic sack sellotaped all over
then in bubblewrap. Air bags on top but underneath just the metal friction
hinges and the fairly flimsy box. The can was a bit dented, but it's v.
thin metal.
Packers are at the dim end of the illuminations.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.