Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Repairing an S-Video cable

If pro S cables are anything like consumer S cables, I'd toss it and get a
new one.

The S cable is the perfect complement to a VHS recorder: The connectors are
too small and "fragile", and worse, the coax (?) is so stiff that it's
usually impossible to position it in a way that minimizes strain on the
connectors.

I have a Cantares UHJ decoder that uses an S cable to connect the power
supply to the unit. I hate to think what will happen if the cable or
connectors ever break. It's repairable, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Has anyone ever seen a "limp" S cable?