Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Repairing an S-Video cable

Your best and most reliable procedure is to go out and get another
cable. The process to find the break can be long, and then you may end
up having a splice in the middle of the cable somwhere.

Jerry G.

On Aug 22, 11:56*am, M.Joshi wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to repair a professional S-Video cable. *I replaced a
connector on one end as one of the pins had broken however, I'm not
able to get continuity to one of the signal pins on the other end.

I have checked the solder joints on the new connector and they
check-out fine.

Does anyone know of an easy method to detect where the break might be
in the cable before I cut the other connector?

I have tried using a tone injector/tracer (for telecoms. cables)
however, as the signal is so strong, it couples onto the cable even if
is just placed nearby.

Any advice/tips would be grateful.

P.S. *Why are there so many unrelated advertising/religious propaganda
posts on this thread? *It seems that it is not being moderated
regularly?

--
M.Joshi