Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car screenwasher fluid

Frank Erskine wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:02:29 +0100, ChipMonk
had this to say:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:21:34 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when
the drugs began to take hold. I remember "DIY"
saying something like:

The problem will be finding someone willing to sell it apart from
on the internet. I have tried to buy isopropyl alcohol recently
from 2 pharmacies (for cleaning VHS tape recorder heads) but they
told me that they are not allowed to stock it or sell it.

They lie.
The truth is, they have lost touch with their roots and simply
can't be arsed stocking it any more. If it's not packeted,
bar-coded, and neatly labelled, they don't want to know.
Apart from that, the demand for loose chemicals has gone way down,
but it's still possible to get it from a lab suppliers.

Don't use Meths - your passengers are likely to throw up every time
you wash away some crap from your windscreen.

Rubbish - you're suggesting using far too high a concentration. All
you need is a couple of tablespoonfuls of meths (not isopropyl
alcohol) to the average washerbottle.

I love the smell of meths! Reminds me of those little stoves we used when I
did my Duke of Edinboroughs Award camping & stuff.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk