Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Car screenwasher fluid

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:02:29 +0100, ChipMonk
had this to say:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:21:34 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember "DIY" saying
something like:

The problem will be finding someone willing to sell it apart from on the
internet. I have tried to buy isopropyl alcohol recently from 2 pharmacies
(for cleaning VHS tape recorder heads) but they told me that they are not
allowed to stock it or sell it.

They lie.
The truth is, they have lost touch with their roots and simply can't be
arsed stocking it any more. If it's not packeted, bar-coded, and neatly
labelled, they don't want to know.
Apart from that, the demand for loose chemicals has gone way down, but
it's still possible to get it from a lab suppliers.

Don't use Meths - your passengers are likely to throw up every time
you wash away some crap from your windscreen.

Rubbish - you're suggesting using far too high a concentration. All
you need is a couple of tablespoonfuls of meths (not isopropyl
alcohol) to the average washerbottle.

Apart from in wintertime, I've used meths as an additive for the last
40-mumble years and nobody (admittedly I have few passengers!) has
complained, passed out or died as a result.

--
Frank Erskine