Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car screenwasher fluid

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 13:28:18 +0100, John wrote:

Using antifreeze stuff in the summer seems a waste.

I buy 5l Holts High Performance Screen Wash concentrate from CostCo
(£3.87(*)) and dilute at 4:1 water:wash which doesn't freeze to below
-6C.

Even though the reservior on my car holds 4l it still lasts about 9
months before running out. That 5l of concentrate is just about to
run out now, I don't see much "waste" there and having a fairly
potent brew in the summer deals with the fly splat better than weaker
"summer" mixtures.

(*)Jan '06 price and is green, all I can find on a quick google is
blue stuff. Maybe it's no longer available but I haven't noticed it
missing in CostCo.

--
Cheers
Dave.