Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Car screenwasher fluid

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:02:29 UTC, ChipMonk
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:21:34 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember "DIY" saying
something like:

The problem will be finding someone willing to sell it apart from on the
internet. I have tried to buy isopropyl alcohol recently from 2 pharmacies
(for cleaning VHS tape recorder heads) but they told me that they are not
allowed to stock it or sell it.

They lie.
The truth is, they have lost touch with their roots and simply can't be
arsed stocking it any more. If it's not packeted, bar-coded, and neatly
labelled, they don't want to know.
Apart from that, the demand for loose chemicals has gone way down, but
it's still possible to get it from a lab suppliers.

Don't use Meths - your passengers are likely to throw up every time
you wash away some crap from your windscreen. IPA smells much nicer,
stops bugs and mould growing in reservoir, helps screen cleaning and
prevents freezing. Best place to buy it (and lots of other useful
chemicals) is:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mistral_ie/

I've used meths for the last 38 years and my passengers have never had a
problem. I bought the last few lots from B&Q after the local ironmonger
retired.

I get IPA from CPC all the time.

http://www.diybanter.com