Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan[_10_] Alan[_10_] is offline

Default Car screenwasher fluid

In message , Bill
wrote
In message , DIY writes
"Frank Erskine" wrote:
Add a bit of methylated spirit to the water - it'll help to dissolve
grease on the screen.
Smells nice too :-)

The problem will be finding someone willing to sell it apart from on the
internet. I have tried to buy isopropyl alcohol recently from 2 pharmacies
(for cleaning VHS tape recorder heads) but they told me that they are not
allowed to stock it or sell it.

Although I can't find it on their web site at the moment Maplin's sell
it by the 1 litre can.

5 litre bottles of IPA from CPC

Smaller quantities also available - IPA 400ml spray cans @£3
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/br...DXNJROUBV1WCQL
CIRJK0Q?N=411&Ntk=gensearch_003&Ntt=isopropyl+alco hol&Ntx=&suggestions=fa
lse&searchTerm=isopropyl+alcohol&_requestid=390455
--
Alan