Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob[_21_] Rob[_21_] is offline

Default Drilling masonry in a confined space

John Rumm wrote:
Rob wrote:
How's this done, when a corded or cordless drill won't fit? I tried an
angle drill, but the lack of hammer action made it pretty useless.

Could you give us a bit more info on the circumstances?

It's to fix some battens to the sides of this opening:

http://patchoulian.googlepages.com/airbrick

Brick and stone - an old mains hammer drill goes through it with ease.

I had intended to fill with a metal airbrick, but after a fruitless
search I fixed some wire mesh secured (for now) by battens at each side.
This was after trying 4 clay traditional air bricks - nice fit but no
light and seemingly poor air flow, coupled with my laughable cementing
skills in a confined space.

I've since bought an impact driver - that seems to have masonry
pretensions, packed as it was with several masonry bits. I'll give it a
go later.

Rob