Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default Best sds drill for £60

Frankly I think you would be daft not to buy the £99 Bosch SDS &
Cordless Drill w/2 battery from Screwfix. It is a full 3-mode (chisel,
hammer, drill) not 2-mode SDS. It is a known quantity. The cordless
drill whilst a bit plasticy compared to a Makita is functional with
two batteries (and 2x 1.5Ah NiCad last plenty). You can always sell
the cordless drill w/batteries on Ebay for £25 Buy-It-Now same day and
that brings it down to £75 for a known product. It is worth at least
£40 to you/anyone if you don't have a reasonable 14.4V cordless drill.
It has its own box so it is not as though it is a "refurbished with
bent shaft in a bin bag" like the Bosch hedge trimmer I have (sounds
like it is hammering its way through the case never mind the hedge).

Very tempted to go get one myself, just too much other stuff to buy/
replace right now and "old tools haven't yet broken".

One good thing about decent SDS is they don't use a crap hammer-drill
"slider" so they STAY on whichever you select rather than changing
setting at the first vibration.