Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Electric mower / trimmer?

On Aug 17, 2:05�pm, Winston wrote:
Hi all,

I've a friend who is losing a battle with some 4' tall, fibrous
weeds on her 1/4 acre lot. �I bought a gas powered brush cutter
and knocked them over once but they are back.

http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/ex...ments/RY15702#

My friend does not want to use any gas-powered tools because of
reliability and noise.

She has been attacking the weeds with a standard A.C. powered 'Weed wacker'.
(Black and Decker 'Grass Hog'). �Clearly, the fibrous stalks are more
than a match for the weak 'fishing line'. �She is well on her way to
trashing her second 'Grass Hog'.

I think that an A.C. powered mower / trimmer would work a lot better
for her but my Google-fu fails to locate anything like that.
Lots of gas powered units but nothing quieter and reliable.

A standard A.C. mower isn't going to work on these monster weeds
because they grow very high, astoundingly quickly.

Short of slicing the front wheels off an A.C. mower, what
can I do to help her be self-sufficient?

Thanks!

--Winston

It seems (after reading 80+ posts), you have multiple problems. Most
have been discussed, but let me go over them again and add my
solutions too.

First, you're making your "friends" problem yours. You bought her a
mower and she sold it. Did she give you the money? If she didn't,
sheis USING you.

Second, she is too lazy, too dumb, or high maintenance to do the work
herself, so again, she is USING you.

Third, if she isn't giving you sex, she is USING you and you get
nothing.

Fourth, there are many solutions to the weed problem, but she don't
want to hear them because you are EASY.

Fifth, the weeds can be plowed under, a herbicide applied and new
grass planted. But I am guessing she doesn't want to do that. I
guarantee that will work.

Sixth, if she is such a bitch as to complain about a little noise to
correct a problem, and you cater to her whims, you are as bad as she
is and you both deserve each other.

Seventh, if you aren't willing to listen to the wonder ideas presented
to you on this NG, then call in a professional. I'm guessing she
doesn't want to do that.

My only other suggestion is...............DUMP HER and find a new
friend that won't use you to correct a problem that she obviously
doesn't want fixed.

Hank ~~~thinks WINSTON has been smoking too much of this so called
"super weed"