Posted to alt.home.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default Electric mower / trimmer?

mm wrote:
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:05:20 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Hi all,

I've a friend who is losing a battle with some 4' tall, fibrous
weeds on her 1/4 acre lot. I bought a gas powered brush cutter
and knocked them over once but they are back.

No time to read the whole thread. I'd suggest a weed killer.

I have a gallon bottle of something (I can check if you want me to)
with a very easy to pump up sprayer, and it's meant to spray
individual weeds. They start to die within 12 hours (even though this
stuff is a year or two old), maybe 4 hours, but I let them continue to
die for a couple days before I mow the lawn, on the expectation it
will go back to the main plant and damage it, maybe kill it.

Yes, another person mentioned two specific chemicals
which are real possibilities. I told my friend about
them and she was appreciative.

I might not have mentioned this, but my friend is
competent with the 'concentrate' version of Roundup
and has used it successfully on other plants.

These particular plants are nothing like I've ever
seen before because they remain upright after many
applications of properly mixed Roundup.

The supposition is that she has a counterfeit bottle
of Roundup or that other chemicals would be better
suited to these plants.

P&M. Don't reply to newsgroup only because it's a busy week and I
wont' see it. Remove nopsam to email.

Sorry. My address is munged. I've replied to the
group for the sake of continuity.

Thanks for your thoughts.

--Winston