Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Lyon Modular Cabinet Lock Mechanism

Tomorrow, I plan to file or grind the slots enough to allow removal of
the operating rod, lock mechanism, and lock bar. �At that point I'll
be able to straighten the lock mechanism and determine everything's
working before I reinstall. �A trip to the locksmith should provide a
new lock.

Anybody got any other suggestions for opening the slots?

Thanks.

Pete Keillor

Pete

If you do the metalwork to straighten it up you will be better off. I
did one a few years ago. If I recall the latching bar was bent and I
had to pound the bottom of the door some. (Had to take to door off.)

I am reasonably sure there are new parts available from Lyons. Perhaps
they have a web address/site.

Bob AZ