Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default Black plastic Water pipe - what is it?

"Tim S" wrote in message

Gordon Henderson coughed up some electrons that declared:

Thanks for the links - good reference though. I'll pull the dishwasher
out tomorow (Which the pipe runs along the side of) and get a better
look at it and see if there is any identifying marks and I'll be better
able to size it then too.

Gordon

On an aside -

I found these clips (so called hospital clips) to be very good for
mounting the stopcock. They give an exceedingly solid mount and tight
clamp to copper pipe:

http://www.bes.co.uk/products/159.asp

Item 6504

When I ran my new bit of MDPE into the house, however I rotate and tighten
the fittings it always seems to develop a bit of torsional stress and
these clips hold it solid.

Cheers

Tim

I think they're called hospital clips because they are fully enclosed, with
no bits to gather dirt in crevasses and nooks, so easily cleaned with a wipe
of a cloth.

(but don't quote me on it)..:-)