Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
Don McKenzie[_2_] Don McKenzie[_2_] is offline

Default Now: Omega analogue watch Battery.

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Where do you get the tools, and how much would you expect to pay?

I don't know what the Omega back is like -- it might require some special,
hard-to-obtain tool -- so I can't give a definitive answer.

yes, it appears that it does.

These are available from Zantech (http://www.zantechinc.com/store). They
have all kinds of watch-repair equipment and supplies. You'll have fun
browsing the site.

thanks William,

gee that seems a very slow site.

Couldn't find anything apart from a knife for opening watches.

I don't want to be a jeweler, but $35, when I know the battery
could be purchased $35/100 from China, seems a little rich.

You can get batteries even cheaper than that from Zantech and similar
companies.

Any jeweler who charges more than $5 for a battery replacement -- including
the battery -- is gouging. Most batteries cost the dealer less than 25
cents, and replacing one takes less than five minutes. That's a gross profit
of more than $50 an hour. Not bad.

Zantech are quoting on their pages $5 to $15.

I wanted a calculator battery a few months back. The common CR-2032.
Tried the little battery-clock shops at the local shopping centre. $9.95
Checked DSE etc, $4 to $5.

Bugger them, bought a bag load from Hong Kong for that sort of money. I
think I got an assortment of 30 batteries for around $10, inc postage.
http://www.wizard-from-oz.com/dx_2.html

Still not sure what to do about my $35 battery problem when it arises in
26 months time. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Breakout, Prototype, Development, & Robotics Boards:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/spark...ectronics.html

Coupon Specials:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/coupon-specials.html