Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
Don McKenzie[_2_] Don McKenzie[_2_] is offline

Default Amusing failure in Omega analogue watch

William Sommerwerck wrote:
My Omega costs $35 a battery change.
They give you a 2 year warranty, and they
always run out in 26 months.

Have seriously though of getting a $19.95 throw
away watch, and flogging
my engraved gold retirement Omega.

You can purchase tools for opening the back of a watch. I've never paid
anyone to change watch batteries.

Thanks Bill,

struth, so the cost for an Omega is really in the cost of the tools, not
the battery?

I know when it first went flat, I took it to one of the little arcade
shops that do that sort of thing, and they couldn't get the back off,
and all they managed to do was scratch it.

So I had to take it to Cobblers Plus Watch Works, and they charged $35
and gave a 2 year guarantee.

Took it back 26 months later with the receipt, and they wanted to charge
me the same, so I told them I was going to replace it with a junk watch,
and they immediately dropped the price to $25.

Where do you get the tools, and how much would you expect to pay?

I don't want to be a jeweler, but at $35, when I know the battery could
be purchased $35 a 100 from China, seems a little rich.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Breakout, Prototype, Development, & Robotics Boards:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/spark...ectronics.html

Coupon Specials:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/coupon-specials.html