Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default How are you avoiding metal slivers in your hands?

"David Merrill" wrote in

When I lived in Arizona the suggested method for removing the tiny
needles from Cholla cactus was to spread Elmer's glue over the
affected area of the hands, wait for it to dry and peeling it off
taking the cactus needles with it. Obviously not the most comfortable
solution for hairy skin areas. Never was tempted to get close enough
to a Cholla to have need of it myself, not sorry.

I've had some success with a really srong magnet (rare earth) for steel,
and tape & peel with packing tape. This works well for fiberglass slivers,
which are impossible to see.

Doug White