Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default More on Electrolytic Rust Removal

Joe wrote in
:

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:46:22 -0400, Joe wrote:

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:33:23 -0500, RBnDFW
wrote:

Not to rain on your electrolytic parade, but I haven't used ED since I
found Evaporust. Much less fussy.

Cool looking stuff, but the shipping cost adds more than 50%
additional. Wish there was a distributor near me.

One claim on the company web site that I especially liked was:
"EVAPO-RUST has an indefinite shelf life and can be used over and over
until it absolutely stops working."
So, it works until it won't work anymore - hmmm. Methinks they need a
better copy writer.

Joe

I just found out that our local HF store carries it - 20 bucks a
gallon (plus whatever it takes to keep Gov. Mark Sanford happy, now
that his wealthy wife has moved out).

It's also available at AutoZone stores, which are all over the place.
It's more expensive, but available in smaller amounts: 32 oz. for 9
bucks.

Doug White