Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Merrill David Merrill is offline

Default How are you avoiding metal slivers in your hands?

When I lived in Arizona the suggested method for removing the tiny needles
from Cholla cactus was to spread Elmer's glue over the affected area of the
hands, wait for it to dry and peeling it off taking the cactus needles with
it. Obviously not the most comfortable solution for hairy skin areas.
Never was tempted to get close enough to a Cholla to have need of it myself,
not sorry.

David Merrill

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

snip...
..., but when they do they drove me crazy until I could get
them plucked out.

This of course became worse as I passed 40 and needed to use a jewelers
loupe to see the damn splinter.

snip..