Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default How are you avoiding metal slivers in your hands?

wrote in message
I worked all day Wednesday hack sawing, milling, die grinding,
drilling, and tapping to make an action wrench.
I got ~ 20 hair like steel slivers in my hands.

I keep vacuuming the mill, but I must be missing out on some
discipline to avoid slivers.

I find this to be a hit and miss proposition. I was a locksmith for many
years and the needle like shavings that come off the key machines either get
you or they don't, but when they do they drove me crazy until I could get
them plucked out.

This of course became worse as I passed 40 and needed to use a jewelers
loupe to see the damn splinter.

Then it seemed that I would go months without grabbing another one.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.