Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default More on Electrolytic Rust Removal

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:46:22 -0400, Joe wrote:

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:33:23 -0500, RBnDFW
wrote:

Not to rain on your electrolytic parade, but I haven't used ED since I
found Evaporust. Much less fussy.

Cool looking stuff, but the shipping cost adds more than 50%
additional. Wish there was a distributor near me.

One claim on the company web site that I especially liked was:
"EVAPO-RUST has an indefinite shelf life and can be used over and over
until it absolutely stops working."
So, it works until it won't work anymore - hmmm. Methinks they need a
better copy writer.

Joe

I just found out that our local HF store carries it - 20 bucks a
gallon (plus whatever it takes to keep Gov. Mark Sanford happy, now
that his wealthy wife has moved out).

Thanks for the heads-up, Rex

Joe