Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Boiler help please

On Aug 21, 8:08*am, "John" wrote:

I wish mine was in the loft. Planning to have my replacement put up there if
I can easily comply with the regulations. Why would anyone want one in the
kitchen? Our is in an upstairs airing cupboard - taking up useful storage
space.- Hide quoted text -

Ours is in half the airing cupboard using up space as well, rather
than in the loft where we were planning to have it. Plumbers arrived,
lots of chin stroking etc - loft was not high enough to take it owing
to flue length, pipework beneath the boiler, problems with the drain
for acidic water etc. If you're planning to put it up there, check
you've got enough height for the boiler you intend to use. Condensors
tend to be bigger (correct me if I'm wrong) - we'd have had no problem
with the tiny powerful thing we had in the last house.

David