Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher[_3_] The Natural Philosopher[_3_] is offline

Default Aluminium glue

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I need to secure a boss made from aluminium rod into a hole made in the
wall of an aluminium tube. Of course welding would be ideal - but there's
little load on it. And I'm not sure I can be bothered finding an aluminium
welder. Unless I could do it myself with my MIG. Which I'm not much good
with on steel. ;-)
Car body filler? Epoxy? Any special precautions?

If you have the right flux, you can soft solder it too.

I have some of that..its really odd to see ordinary solder wetting
'tinfoil'..