Posted to alt.home.repair
Salmon Egg Salmon Egg is offline

Default Replacing anode rods in water heaters?

In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Winston wrote:

How about an extra decade or two? Is that worth 15 minutes a year?

Sure. Please cite a credible study showing that changing the anode
extends WH life by a decade or two.

Theoretically, there is no question that a new sacrificial anode will
reduce corrosion of steel or the like. Galvanizing zinc protects the
underlying steel. Getting a new anode is like regalvanizing,

Unfortunately, my limited experience has shown me that plumbing does not
always follow theory. There always seems to be a gatcha or two lurking.

Bill