Mike

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message ws.com...
...and so will I. My '83 F150 had 175,000 on it when it was stolen out of
my driveway.

Rat *******s!

I did all the maintenance on it and never had to add oil
between changes every 5000 miles. It was a 4.9L straight six with an
overdrive manual transmission.

I had the 4.9L in a '92 E150 and it ran like a top with good gas
mileage and plenty of pep when hauling a load or climbing a hill (or
both). It was a high quality vehicle all around. Now I have an '01
F150 with the 4.2L V6 and I can't say I'm particularly pleased with
it. The engine is a dog and the payload capacity seems to be pretty
wimpy. There are also a lot of little things that make me question
what the design team was thinking. Now they're touting the '04 models
as being 'almost like a car.' Sh!t, if you want a car, why buy a
truck?

Cheers,
Mike