Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Archon Archon is offline

Default Wal-Mart Recalls Overheating DVD Players

Meat Plow wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:25:55 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

Wow... Durabrand... You'd never think _they'd_ make such an unreliable
product.

Durabrand... I just can't believe it...

Or Cyberhome.

Don't go knocking Cyberhome, their little DVD300 Progressive scan
multiregion DVD player was AWESOME! $24 at Best Buy, nice metal case,
110-220vac, played everything...only problem was the PSU electrolytics
gave up after 12 months, just replace them and no problem. I bought 5 of
them, 4 still working after 3 years, One had a duff motor which I
couldn't get hold of. Watch all my British DVD's and got one for my Mom
in the UK so she can buy USA DVD's here at our nice low prices, Excellent!

JC