Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Charles Lessig Charles Lessig is offline

Default More on Electrolytic Rust Removal

If you want to make new steel look like it has been rusting for a
long time with deep pits, reverse the polarity and stew it for
half a day or so.

I was experimenting to remove plating on a scrap
piece and left it in like for derusting. It works much faster than
derusting.

This might be useful for getting an old corroded look in a hurry.

It really makes a horrible mess too.

On Aug 19, 11:17*am, spaco wrote:
I just added a short webpage about electrolytic rust removal.
* *As you all know, there's lots of info about it around the web. *If
you don't know about it, google: *"electrolytic rust removal" and you
will see lots of stuff including some U-tube videos.

The main reason I did this is to show some "before and after" pix to
help you decide whether this process is for you or not *and to add a few
comments:

http://www.spaco.org/Blacksmithing/R...cDerusting.htm

Pete Stanaitis