Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike rock Mike rock is offline

Default Turning off HW heater while on vacation, lower T-stat or justleave pilot on?

One-forty? *Yikes. *We had ours set to one-twenty but we've turned it down a
bit from that after noticing that the "Vacation" setting was just about hot
enough. *When you think about it, if you have to add cold water to make your
morning shower comfortable then why spend money to make the water hotter
than you can stand in the first place? *It's like driving with the parking
brake on....

Well in all honesty, I don't know what the temp is, I just said 140 as
a ballpark. But it probably is closer to 120 since I don't use a lot
of cold water when taking a shower.