Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Closed cell foam: 3" as good as 6"?

On Aug 20, 10:05*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Just received a quote for roof insulation with closed cell foam between
the rafters. The quote is for 3" and I am being told that 3" is 90% as
good as 6". Do I believe them?

Thanks,
Aaron

I had a roofer tell me 1" of his foam equaled R 35, the dam liar. From
what I have read your foams go from aproximatly R 5 - R 7 per inch,
and thats it. Polyurethane is about R7" and other types less so going
by factual R values 3" is R15 to R21 depending on type of foam used,
ask them whose product they use and check that companies site, but no
foam is 90% different and R 21 isnt squat for insulation what I live
in Zone 5. Your bidder is lying to you.