Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Looking for a specific type of mains switch.

In article ,
Dave wrote:
Fleeting or non latching. Basically the same as a car electric window
switch?

I'd be surprised if you can get one already in a standard plate easily
- but you could buy the switch itself from RS components etc and fit
it to a blank plate of your choice.

Do you know, I have been beating my brains out all night, thinking of
where I have had and used that sort of switch all night. Obvious, isn't
it?

Other common use on some older cars was to operate an 'electric' aerial -
before these became largely automatic.

There's a fair range of this sort of switch available from car wiring
parts suppliers - but they only give its LV DC rating. I'd guess many
would be happy with mains.

--
*Half the people in the world are below average.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.