Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Rhoomba (was Good Lawn Mowers)

"Bill Noble" wrote in
:

OK, I've got a question for the Rhoomba owners. I think they are a neat
idea, but our house has hardwood floors with big pieces of area carpet
filling in most of the space in any given room. There's usually a 4" to
6" border of hardwood showing around the edges. The carpet is ~ 3/8" to
1/2" thick.

Am I correct in assuming that a Rhoomba can't handle the transitions from
carpet to hardwood very well? I could unlease one is a room and move it
and the charging station to each room, but at that point I might as well
haul out the Sears-sucker canister vacuum.

Doug White