Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Good Lawn Mowers

Tim Wescott wrote:

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:28:58 -0400, Leon Fisk wrote:

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:48:12 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

snip
Anyone have any mileage with a largish self-propelled mower that works
good on slopes? I'm looking for something that'll bag, but being able
to take off the bag and just fling the grass when I'm opening up new
territory would be nice.

Here is one example:

http://www.remotemower.com/commercial-models.php

"Professional lawn care providers are using the SRX22T remote control
commercial lawn mower on slopes up to 70 degrees. One man, equipped
with a remote control commercial lawn mower, is in control of the slopes
and ditches, instead of 6 or 8 men with weed eaters..."

This isn't the one I was thinking of, obviously there are more out
there...

You _*******_!

Now I'm either going to have to stop doing paying work until I get one
built, or I'm going to have to pine away 'cause I can't find time to
build one!

@#$%!

(Did you notice the price? $10K!!! Maybe I should build some myself --
although I bet that's $3000 for the mower and $7000 for liability
insurance).

I've not looked at this particular unit, however if you think $10k is
out of line for a commercial grade mower, I'd suggest you look at what
the commercial grade ZT mowers like the Ferris, SCAG, and the like go
for.