Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Central Vac silencer

"JIMMIE" wrote in message news:6a9415f3-
stuff snipped
Does the unit have an exhaust pipe? I used to have a Kenmore unit in
the garage and even there it was bothersome until I extended the
exhaust pipe outside. When the motor on it finally went out I decided
not to replace it.

Yes, it's vented outside and through a Hayden muffler unit, but an awful lot
of noise still escapes. Worse, still, it's now pointed directly at a
neighbor's bedroom window. That's one of the reasons I am moving the unit
to the back of the house. The exhaust would then be pointing to my
backyard and the park beyond and shouldn't bother anyone.

Thanks for the input, Jimmie.

--
Bobby G.