Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Haar Roger Haar is offline

Default Lawn mowers on slopes and hills

HI,

My father worked for state highway. Highway mowing crews do
flip tractors on occasions, but the state guys get the
equipment flipped back pretty quick. They also usually work
in pairs so there is help available quickly.

On his way home on evening, he spotted the township tractor
flipped and stopped to look. The driver was pinned, but not
crushed. My dad could move/rock the tractor enough to get
the guy free. He was wet and it was getting chilly, so he
might have suffered from exposure if Dad had not gotten him
free.

Thanks
Roger

Pete C. wrote:
steamer wrote:
--There's a very wide, very steep embankment, maybe 8ft height
change top to bottom that gets mowed on the Delta, at the resort
where we go steamboating every year. The groundskeeper's lawnmower has a
long rope with a wooden handle on the end so that it can be 'lowered' over
the berm and retrieved. Works really well.

The roads / highways around me have some quite steep embankments and
it's pretty scary watching the mowing crews with the full sized tractors
and triple mower decks operating at what must be a 30+ degree angle. I
haven't seen one on it's side yet though.