Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Garden waste batch incinerator

On Aug 19, 2:04*pm, Lobster wrote:
johno wrote:
I have a large garden surrounded by Leylandii and will be removing
them on a regular basis, however disposing of the evidence is a
problem. The green recycling bin only holds half a tree and is emptied
once a fortnight, at that rate it will take me years!
Not practical to have a bonfire due to layout of garden, but I was
told about a home made batch incinerator by a friend. *Simply load the
beast up, fasten the lid, light it up and away you go. *This is not
the same as a regular garden incinerator apparently, but I cannot find
anything on the web.
Any help appreciated.
John

What's wrong with something like:
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/image/s_garden-incinerator.jpg

Not sure what the 'batch' aspect is to what you're seeking (unless it's
very much larger, which may be the disadvantage of the above)

David

As I was explained by a friend a batch incinerator is very similar to
a standard garden incinerator, but larger and burns much hotter due to
its design, you load it up via the top (pack it tight) replace and
secure the lid/chimney and light via a hole at the base. Stand back
and watch it go! apparently it burns very hot and produces very little
smoke.
Looks like a standard garden item will be the way to go and for the
larger stuff a habitat pile; sounds too iffy for burning indoors ;-)))