Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT but someone here might know

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
It was a low ramp on which one wheel of a vehicle was driven and
parked. In the ramp was a pair of rollers driving a generator. The
other vehicle wheels were chocked. With the car in gear and at
tickover speeds a useful amount of power was generated.
I seem to recall the demonstration was a farmer going out to repair a
gateway and being able to run an electric drill to assist the repair.

Despite all the naysayers I still reckon this idea has legs. Average
small car must develop 50hp +?

Not at idle. Indeed many are close to stalling. Putting a large extra load
on the engine would often need adjustments.

Thats going to run a hell of a lot more than any
inverter ever could.

If you've ever seen the way a car leaps around on a rolling road when
conducting full power tests you'd be wary about trying it on one set of
unsecured rollers...

--
*I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.