Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A caution -Rubber Wood Furniture from the Far East.

Jules wrote:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:13:19 -0700, NT wrote:
* Well, unless there's a blade for a circular saw or angle grinder that'll
do it - but due to the laminate of course the old score-and-crack routine
doesn't work.

It does, you just have to score it twice.

But even if I could cut it, I can't smooth edges myself.

I've not done it, but am told a regular hand grinding stone is fairly
quick.

Hmm, maybe I'll give it a go, then... I've still got the broken bit that I
can play with (I actually bust it trying to cut it, because I hadn't
realised at that point that it was a laminate; it splintered badly all the
way along the score line)

ta

J.

NO!!

Never ever attempt to cut or polish hardened glass, and never use
anything else for furniture use.

You finish the glass first, *then* toughen it by heat treating it.

Any glazier will do this, or get it done.