Posted to uk.d-i-y
BodgeIt BodgeIt is offline

Default Additional socket, is this acceptable?

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:30:43 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Peter Watson wrote:
If you really want that, fit a socket in the airing cupboard so the
immersion can be plugged into that. Wire the new bedroom socket in 1mm
flex fed from a plug too. Then all you need to do is swop the plugs.

I wouldn't have thought plugging an immersion heater in to a 13A socket
was a good idea? Certainly not as a 'medium' term solution...

Not into a ring, no. But we're talking a radial circuit here. And 13 amp
plugs are rated at 3 kW. However, you could always use a 15 or 16 amp type.

Thanks all for your advice