Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default God help us, this will be Obama's next stunt...

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:43:42 +0100, Clint Sharp
wrote:

In message , Jim Thompson
writes
God help us, this will be Obama's next stunt...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/8192234.stm

...Jim Thompson

I hate the way the idiots think everyone has the right to be mediocre
and degrade every one else's achievements in the process by lowering the
signal to noise ratio.

All idiocy like this does is raise the bar further because everyone who
gets a university qualification now has to go and do a post grad
doctorate to get to the same level as before.

There's a reason that entrance exams are set and not everyone can be a
rocket scientist or chip designer!

Things will ultimately settle out. Many universities presently almost
completely ignore SAT scores and base admission upon interviews. I
personally did interviews of high school students, seeking admission
to MIT, for close to thirty years.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food