Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Wipedisk Question

"WangoTango" wrote in message
k.net...
In article , To-Email-Use-
says...
Is there a "wipedisk" product that will only wipe "erased" files?

I only want to "wipe" old tax data and old medical records from this
PC.

...Jim Thompson

I know of several that allow you to toss files into a "shredder" that
does a wipe of the file during deletion, but I don't know of any that
will purge old data. Maybe undelete them and then shred them?

Ah, found one that says it will go over unused disk space and wipe it
too, and it is free.

http://www.fileshredder.org/

Doesn't defrag have a clear unused space option? - the space occupied by an
erased file being marked as unused should then be cleared.

Another option is create a short term folder and fill it up with any old
CDs/DVDs found laying about until the remaining capacity is filled, then
delete the short term folder.

That way any attempt to recover deleted files only gets a bunch of old DVDs.