Posted to alt.home.repair
ShadowTek[_2_] ShadowTek[_2_] is offline

Default Ever get ill after using a line-trimmer?

On 2009-08-19, aemeijers wrote:

Wish I'd worn hearing protection mowing lawns as a kid, and on the
construction sites during my teenage years. I might have a little more
of my hearing left. I was never into rock'n'roll concerts and never had
a high-power stereo, so those are the only damaging exposures I had. But
other than the jackhammer guys, nobody wore them back then. I wear muffs
using any power equipment now, funny looks from the neighbors be damned.
I want to hold on to what little hearing I have left.

I always wear earplugs when I mow, trim, hit a nail with a hammer, or
anything else that seems uncomfortable. If have sensitive hearing, and I
enjoy still being able to hearing failt sounds off in the distance that other
people can't.