Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Star Drive Deckamte Screws Suck

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:11:19 -0400, "benick"
wrote:

Yea I've had the same thing happen to me with both star and square head
stainless steele screws at Homedepot...You get a handfull of bad ones in
every box...Thinking I'd be smarter next time I went to Ace and bought a
slightly more expensive box and had the same handfull of bad ones...Next
time I'll try McFeely's if they aren't alot more and it looks like they are
at a quick glance of their website......I'm not gonna spend an extra 10 or
more bucks to save a handfull of screws....Common sense and all.....If I
used them everyday for work it might be a different story...You can pass on
the extra cost or make it up in time saved....Not so for the occasional
DIYer...I've gotten pretty good at twisting out broken off screws with my
mini-vise grips...LOL...Besides it is usually Saturday afternoon when I need
them for a Sunday project which means a quick stop at Homedepot cuz it's the
only one open....

I don't know where McFeely's ships from but if I order something on a
Monday I usually have it by Wednesday.

Not only that, if you use the Keycode "M9F2112" you can get any order
shipped through September 1st for $1.

Gordon Shumway