Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default Ever get ill after using a line-trimmer?

scorpionleather wrote:
Not so much from string trimming, but when I use the lawnmower it
kicks up a lot of dust and then for the next couple days I sneeze a
lot. Or when I do other landscaping projects that raise the
vegetation dust I get what feels like upper respiratory allergies. So I
wonder if you are also having a kind of allergic reaction. I
take Claritin (over the counter) and that helps a little.

I just this year started wearing a particle mask when I mow the lawn in the
summer. Makes a BIG difference in the way I feel afterwards, along the
lines of the effect you get the first time you wear hearing protection while
mowing.

Jon