Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Expansion water tank

Phisherman wrote:
I installed an expansion water tank when GE stated the warranty on the
water heater is void without one. So, I charge the tank to 40psi as
stated and installed it fairly easily. I'm on city water at about
70psi. I noticed now that when the water is turned on anywhere in the
house, that a burst of water comes out the first couple seconds. I
notice this most on the kitchen vegetable sprayer and both showers. I
suppose this is supposed to happen, but it does not explain why.
Expansion tanks are supposed to help preserve water appliances.

All of the standard potable water pressure regulators I've
ever installed, were factory set to 50lb pressure. You can
have pressure spikes coming from the municipal supply that
can damage toilet tank valves, blow faucet washers and cause
the T/P valve on the water heater to leak. You might consider
a pressure regulator on your water supply.

TDD