Posted to alt.home.repair
cjt cjt is offline

Default Star Drive Deckamte Screws Suck

Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:00:31 -0700 (PDT), Red
wrote:

I used the star drive screws (not from HD) on one project and won't
use them again. Not the problems you state, but had quite a lot of
them to break while driving them in. Also had quite a few to pop
heads from swelling wood which made a callback for me.

Red

Red,

Buy some screws from McFeely's and try them. You shouldn't have those
issues with them. They're a lot higher quality.

I've literally used thousands of their screws and so far only one has
broken. However there were quite a few that had the head on the wrong
end :-)

Gordon Shumway

I encounter that problem with nearly half the screws I buy. It must be
the outsourcing.