Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Newsgroup death spiral

"Arfa Daily" wrote ...
Although I use Xnews for some of my usenet stuff, I admit that I just use
the newsreader built into OE for text groups like this, and operate via
the news server provided by my ISP. I know many believe anything put out
by MS to be the devil's work, and especially their OE newsreader, but it
is perfectly adequate for reading and posting on groups such as S.E.R.,
and above all, it is *very* simple to set up and maintain filters, using
its inbuilt functionality.

Hear, Hear. After trying 8-10 of the most popular newsreader client
applications, I concluded that Outlook Express is still the most user-
friendly and straightforward of them all. Hope I will still be able to
run it on Win7. (Bypassing the whole "Vista" quagmire completely.)